Thursday, February 13, 2014

HSBC Change of Heart

On August 2013, I received illegal messages from HSBC for my terminated/ closed credit card (reported to HSBC/ IDA/ MCI/ MAS).

   FROM HSBC: 01AUG YOUR ONE-TIME PASSWORD IS 1~ FOR ~-~. IT WILL EXPIRE IN 3 MINUTES. PLEASE DO NOT USE FOR OTHER PURPOSE.
   FROM HSBC: 01AUG YOUR ONE-TIME PASSWORD IS 8~ FOR ~-~. IT WILL EXPIRE IN 3 MINUTES. PLEASE DO NOT USE FOR OTHER PURPOSE.

These junk messages were One Time Password (OTP required by VISA or Mastercard) for my invalid credit card. I immediately informed MAS/ IDA regarding the non-compliance/ wrong messages sent from HSBC, as I had already terminated all my HSBC accounts/ messages TWO years ago.

To comply with the use of valid account, MAS/ IDA/ HSBC (also VISA/ MasterCard) need to take the effort to correct/ stop the security flaw from the illegal attempt on the invalid credit card account.

Upon my complain, HSBC submitted an enquiry to the IT department to investigate on the matter. HSBC confirmed that my card account was closed and that the online transactions were not completed. HSBC also improved/ included validating the card/ account statuses prior to sending the OTP SMS.

I would like to thank all for acknowledging and taking the time to work on the issue for your own organization. I would also like to thank HSBC for finally willing to take on my earlier points on security flaw/ non-compliance/ non-charity/ bad experience.

I am glad that many people (like myself) would no longer have to receive such silly SMS in future.

Hands-On Green Matters

Related
 HSBC Bad Experience

No comments:

Post a Comment