Thursday, February 13, 2014

HSBC Bad Experience

This post is about my bad experience with HSBC, starting with wrong messages sent to my phone (shared with HSBC/ IDA/ MCI/ MAS).

   From HSBC: 10MAR Transaction activity from ~-~ SGD 2,~
   From HSBC: 09FEB Transaction activity from ~-~ SGD 1,~

These wrong messages were Security Card SMS meant for another credit card holder, unknown to me. Despite many calls to helpdesk/ emails and calls from HSBC (from February to May 2011), HSBC did not do anything to correct the wrong information of the other credit card holder.

In other words, HSBC did not seem to bother to do a thorough check/ confirmation on the applicant's particulars (such as phone no) prior to approval of the HSBC account.

I personally went to HSBC (Raffles Place, 2nd floor) and informed HSBC that I would send this issue regarding wrong data to MAS if I still received wrong SMS. I finally got the help from a lady (Ms Tang) to act on the issue and had the wrong information changed.

After that, I redeemed few HSBC vouchers, and got the help from the same lady (Ms Tang) to settle my last bill of S$1.61. I still had ONE unused HSBC voucher that I intended to convert to SCS Donation. For the purpose of charity, the same lady (Ms Tang) tried to help again, but HSBC said cannot.

On August 2011, I finally terminated all of my HSBC accounts (not in use). I personally went to HSBC again to return all of my HSBC cards (cut half). I had also requested HSBC to exclude me from future HSBC messages/ mails.

I would like to thank Ms Tang on her professionalism/ help for her customer/ organization.

Two years later ...

Hands-On Green Matters

Related
 HSBC Change of Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment