Sunday, October 27, 2013

One Free WordPress Year

First published on WordPress, November 15, 2012
It has been one free WordPress year since I created my first blog (on 11-11-2011) to share my hands-on experience on green matters. I started by picking a free green theme and customized the look with my green subdomain, green gravatar and green background colour. My first post was published on the following Tuesday (on 15-11-2011).

With limitations of free WordPress in mind, I have improved the look further by customizing the sidebar with Green Talks/ Humors/ Green Picks/ Comments. I have published 60 over posts (average 1 post per week) under 5 green categories, namely Greening HDB/ Greening HomeGreening Office/ Greening School/ Greening Web. Till date, the storage space that I have used so far (including images) is still at the zero percent level (or 0.002%).

My ultimate goal is to focus on writing original content that are simple and different, and sharing my hands-on straight from the heartI have written stuff from one-liner, two-liners, ridiculous, humor to creativity (both visually and literally). I hope my web friends would be able to overcome the difficult time in real life, and to take the challenge/ insult to do more correct things in return with humor.

The main letdown of free WordPress is that bloggers cannot track real page hits on our own, and have to take it very easy on the half-baked site/ country stats. My blog has few followers/ likes, some (including fake link) referrers and many (Akismet recognized spam) comments. The contents here are also shared by other social media sites, such as FeedReader and NewsAlloy. However, kindly refrain from misusing/ abusing any content/ information on this blog, such as Broken Controllers (2013-03-21/ 2013-01-08).

Also, sincere thanks to WordPress for the great encouragement and below Anniversary Award!

   Happy Anniversary with WordPress.com!
   You registered on WordPress.com 1 years ago!
   Thanks for flying with us. Keep up the good blogging!

Before I end this post, let’s take another look at the high-class WordPress message to make the days ahead (back again 2013-02-07/ 2013-01-18/ 2013-01-15).

   Congratulations, you win the prize! The chance to take our 5 second survey  : )

Last but not least, I will if you will – make international web friends and make exceptional web news!

Hands-On Green Matters

One Free WordPress Year
[ Images of Hands-On Green Matters ]

Related
 WordPress 100th Post

No comments:

Post a Comment